|Jacquard Airbrush Colors meet the needs of artists like never before, raising the bar for quality, economy and versatility. Though originally formulated for textiles, the exceptional durability, unsurpassed coverage and superb flexibility of Jacquard Airbrush Colors have attracted artists of every ilk. The go-to paint for custom shoe and sneaker painting, it resists cracking, peeling and chipping better than any other brand.|
With excellent adhesion on many non-traditional surfaces such as vinyl, leather,
plastic, rubber and fabric, these paints are soft to the touch and exceptionally
washfast. Formulated for easy spraying right out of the bottle with no additives
or adulteration required, these odorless, non-toxic and water-based fluid acrylic
paints perform well even at low pressures, with minimal tip-dry or clogging.
Available in six intermixable varieties: Transparent, Opaque, Metallic, Fluorescent,
Bright and Iridescent. All the colors are highly pigmented and intense!
airbrushing, marbling, spritzing, painting, stamping, refilling markers
and pens, stenciling
natural and synthetic fabric, leather, vinyl, wood, paper, rubber, plastic,
clay, metal and more
All surfaces must be clean. Leathers and fabrics must be washed to remove dirt, waxes,
sizings and conditioners. Non-porous surfaces, like metal and plastic, may require light sanding. Bare metal may
require a primer. For durability, on hard surfaces, topcoat with the varnish.
Apply in light even coats. Avoid over-saturating the surface. Use approximately 40 psi and nib size
should be no less that 0.5 mm. Paints are intermixable to get a full range of colors. Heat set paint with heat gun on
hard surfaces. For fabric, heat set with a dry iron at appropriate setting for fabric for 30 seconds.
(Optional) After airbrush paint has completely dried, spray varnish in a light even coat.
Repeat, if desired, after first coat has thoroughly dried.
Tips for Airbrushing:
• Before starting on your piece, check to make sure all of your equipment is working properly. Check for bent
needle or tip and replace if necessary. Make sure that the compressor is functioning correctly and you have the air
pressure adjusted to where you want it.
• Be sure you are using the correct size tip, especially with the Metallic Colors.
• Don’t let colors sit too long in the airbrush without use, causing paint to dry in the airbrush.
• Place caps on bottles when not in use so they do not dry out.
• Dilute Colors with water to thin paints slightly.
• Be sure to clean your equipment thoroughly when you are finished.
• Transparent Colors are best on white and light colored surfaces.
• Opaque and Metallic Colors work on either light or dark surfaces